With the inclement weather being seen across the Macquarie Valley this week, here is a consolidated list of links that will help keep you up to date on the situation.
The links include real-time information on rainfall and river conditions, predicted river heights and road closures.
- NSW Rainfall and River Conditions
- Real-time State Data (including flow rates and river heights)
- Daily River Reports: Bogan, Macquarie and Castlereagh Rivers
- Predicted River Heights / Flows
- Central West Slopes and Plains Weather Forecast
- NSW Warnings Summary
- Road Closure Information – Live Traffic (Interactive Map)
- Bureau of Meteorology Climate Outlooks
- never drive, ride or walk through floodwaters;
- do not allow children near floodwater, especially stormwater drains and creeks;
- never enter floodwaters as they are extremely dangerous due to strong currents, hidden debris and pollutants;
- ensure you can leave the area safely if conditions deteriorate - in particular be aware that exit routes may be cut before your location is affected;
- obey instructions from emergency service personnel;
- listen to local radio for weather updates, warnings and emergency advice; and
- call the SES on 132 500 for emergency assistance.