The Bureau of Meteorology currently has flood warnings in place for the Macquarie and Bell Rivers in the Macquarie Valley.
On average over 40 millimetres of rain has fallen across the region during the past 24 hours with more predicted to be on the way. This has led to river levels rising throughout the Macquarie Valley with a range of warnings in place.
Further details on the situation can be followed via the below links:
- Predicted River Heights / Flows
- NSW Rainfall and River Conditions
- Central West Slopes and Plains Weather Forecast
- NSW Warnings Summary
In addition to the above information the NSW State Emergency Service advises:
- never drive, ride or walk through floodwaters;
- do not allow children near floodwater, especially stormwater drains and creeks;
- never enter floodwaters as they are extremely dangerous due to strong currents, hidden debris and pollutants;
- ensure you can leave the area safely if conditions deteriorate - in particular be aware that exit routes may be cut before your location is affected;
- obey instructions from emergency service personnel;
- listen to local radio for weather updates, warnings and emergency advice; and
- call the SES on 132 500 for emergency assistance.
Further Floodsafe advice is available at www.floodsafe.com.au.